BTL 15 trunk car help

Participant count
  • Participant list

mendon mafia
10+ year member

`94 caprice, 15" Fi BTL
ok so im building a box this weekend for my btl. the problem is that i cannot fit the sub mounting it normaly (only have 14.5" clearance) so i need to mount it firing up.

my question id what do i do with my port? which way should i put the port for maximum performance.

the box is going into a 2000 Chrysler 300m, ~4.5 cubes @ 34hz, 71.5" port area. i have one 3k for daily and 2 for comps.

Just fire the port to the rear, and place the woofer as far away from the port while attempting to 'corner load' it (place the woofer in a corner of the enclosure, helps with flex I believe).

Can someone attest to this please? :p

I'd like to know for sure myself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

my friend has a btl in his gp firing up, he made 2 boxes for it, one with the port to the back and one blowing to the left side of the car. the port on the drivers side was a whole DB louder. i highly suggest you do that. lemme know om if u need help.

i built my box. its 32x34x12.5 so i can rotate it and fire the port wherever. only i screwed up and put the port so that when its side ways its on the passenger side and when it faces back its on the driver side...

testing hopefully tomorrow if i can ever finish doing these **** online job applications.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.