SOLD Broken JL 300/2

Participant count
  • Participant list

Istari1
10+ year member

So I have a JL 300/2 amp in my basement that I replaced after it started outputting distorted sound. Hard to describe, basically sounded super static-y and barely audible, but powered on fine and wasnt going into "protect". Anyway rather then trying to fix it or even diagnose the issue I just bought a Zapco 360.2 and forgot about the JL. I have heard you can send these back to JL and they will fix them no matter for $150 or so, someone please chime in if this is incorrect. Just wondering if anyone was interested in this, it may be a very cheap fix, maybe not - I dont know. Anyway I was thinking like $60+shipping. Even if fixing cost $150 you'd be getting a pretty good deal on a 300/2. Thanks.

JL told me it was a flat fee to repair, but it was $180. It has to be returned through an authorized dealer as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.