Broken Amp

BooLeaN
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hello, I have an American Bass CX1200D. I was just wondering if anyone can explain to me why it broke.

I was running it at 1 ohm mono, and yes it is 1 ohm stable. I had 4 gague wire going to it, with a 4 gague ground. I had the gain set at about 1/4 to 1/3. I turn my head unit's bass to 0, subwoofer level control to 0 and my volume to 30-33 / 40.

It was playing fine for about 2 weeks then today it just stopped working. The fuses are all ok, it just goes into protect. I checked for continuity in my ground, it's good. I tried unhooking the speakers and it still doesn't work. I completely took the amp out, then reconnected the ground, then power then REM and it still didn't work. Just goes into protect.

Now, one other thing. I'm not sure if I just don't know how to instal an amp or what the deal is, but this is the 3rd American Bass Amp that has broke on me.

One I was blamed for by using 8 gague power and ground wire. So I got screwed. One came DOA. And now this one.

I won't buy American Bass ever again but it just doesn't make sense that so many amps have broken in my hands. I have never broken an amp before and I have beat the living sh*t out of them. This 2nd one, I babied. I was soo scared of it breaking that I was way to easy on it IMO.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks all,

Craig G

Not really, except this makes me kind of happy that I didn't get one. You could take the cover off and see if you see any dead components though, that's always fun.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.