Bringing my sound stage "up"?

oxsign
5,000+ posts

No Affiliation
Orlando, FL
I have an '05 Chevy crewcab. I'm running an ML-i and a DD-AT28 in each door. All powered by an older MM 100.4. When you "lean" over lower the sound is so "rich" sounding in the footwell area. I wanted to know how I can bring that sound up? Would doing some glass pods in the doors to angle them up? Right now they are in the factory door locations.

Yeah, with the new pods I plan on doing in the next week or so I will be angling them in & up to help with that. I also want to try to bring the tweeter out of the doors/pods higher to see if that helps as well.

Put your tweeters somewhere high, in a pillars, dash, sails, etc. The cues for locating stage in vertical plane are in upper mid-range and treble frequencies.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.