bridging problems

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I'm having a problem with my subs. 3 10s in a box, one input, probably wired in parallel. I run them on a 2 channel kenwood amp. If I run them only on channel 1, their just fine even at full volume. If I run them bridged (positive on channel 1 positive, negative on channel 2 negative) then they work just fine for low volume but when you crank em, rather than clean bass they make random vibrations, almost like their all hitting at different times instead of at the same time. Any advice? they are single voice coil 4 ohm MTX Blue Thunders if that matters. I'd really like to get them working when bridged, more power, and much louder!

three 4 ohm subs is a 2.66 ohm load.

the amp cannot handle less than 4 ohm bridged.

when bridging the left and right gains need to be set with a test tone and DMM so they are exactly equal.

you cannot do what you want with that amp unless you limit the output so the amp doesn't melt down.

three 4 ohm subs is a 2.66 ohm load.
the amp cannot handle less than 4 ohm bridged.

when bridging the left and right gains need to be set with a test tone and DMM so they are exactly equal.

you cannot do what you want with that amp unless you limit the output so the amp doesn't melt down.
so basically I need to turn down the input sensativity and the bass boost so its easier on the system?

You need to find yourself a different amp that is capable of 2 ohm x1 output... Shouldn't cost you too much considering the subs... All you probably need is around 5-600 w rms or so to push those effectively... Search the classies & craigslist in your area, if you look carefully I'm sure you can find something cheap that will do the job

You need to find yourself a different amp that is capable of 2 ohm x1 output... Shouldn't cost you too much considering the subs... All you probably need is around 5-600 w rms or so to push those effectively... Search the classies & craigslist in your area, if you look carefully I'm sure you can find something cheap that will do the job
Sounds like something I'll have to do then. Yeah the amp came with a set of 12s I bought so I figured I'd put it to use. Why am I running the 10s instead of the 12s you may ask? Well, their in a 1970 Volkswagen Beetle and the 2 12s would require me to take the back seat out because theres not enough space //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Sounds like something I'll have to do then. Yeah the amp came with a set of 12s I bought so I figured I'd put it to use. Why am I running the 10s instead of the 12s you may ask? Well, their in a 1970 Volkswagen Beetle and the 2 12s would require me to take the back seat out because theres not enough space //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
LOL I hear ya there space is limited //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.