Brand new and doesn't work or did i do something wrong?

Participant count
  • Participant list
what do you mean?

i have a DDM but i'm not sure how to check, basically u cut the stock wires behind the door and put them into the crossover, then the crossover had outputs for the Speaker and Tweeter, the speaker works but the tweeter does not so something either inside the crossover or the tweeter itself doesn't work! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

If you have a volt meter you should check at the tweeter terminals for voltage. If not you can pick one up from walmart for 20 bucks./// oops. its not too hard. Just select the V. Select the largest V value on the dial/buttons whatever you have. touch the terminals with the system powered./// ///If you are really unsure there should be youtube vids on using a dmm. some are automated and some require you to dial in just above the voltage you expect. Don't underdial it. DMM is the way to do it.///

If you have voltage and no sound it is likely a dead tweet. Volts don't flow, so presence of voltage just means voltage is getting there, not that current is moving through.

I am just speculating here, but you may be able to connect some mid range speakers or tweets to the crossover. If you just removed your factory speakers you may try those. Try the speakers you don't care about in place of the tweeters to see if anything comes through at all to see if it is crossovers. If you hear anything disconnect and conclude that your tweets aren't viable any longer. If you don't hear anything then your crossovers have problems or aren't being sent ANY higher frequencies, the latter not being likely.

When putting a sacrificial mid in place of a tweet, I do not know if this could be damaging to the amp or hu or whatnot. I would not think so, but I am not personally familiar with audio electronics.

I asked about the crossover frequency because I have heard if you push sufficiently lower frequencies you'll kill it. The specs that accompany the tweets should provide guidelines.

ill do the DDM thing shortly, i did it before and i got a reading of like .001 on the normal speaker spot ( which works ) then went down to 0.00 im not even sure if it would pick anything up haha

Just remember to select a voltage measurement setting higher that you need and that you are measuring AC like disturbed471985 said. And to power your system. What is this normal speaker spot that works you speak of?

my AC has 200 and 600

and im saying my crossover has 1 input and 2 outputs, the 1 output only read .001 but it still worked so idk if its a good reading, ill go outside and measure the tweet one again in a second

yea i've used my DMM for impedence and battery voltage and AC output for my speakers ( setting to 31.5V ) so yes it works great! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

voltage at the crossover outs but not at the tweet? does sound like a short to me too. to check if your tweeter is dead you can ohm it out/continuity check to see if its burned up/open or just not functioning. Check resistance with no power across the tweet terminals directly. must disconnect from the crossover first to avoid ohming your system and tweet in parallel. You should ohm your wires too to rule out breaks and pinches. If you know all this already, sorry man, don't mean to be condescending or anything. Hope I can help.

yep i enjoy all the help and happy new year!

i will test it in the morning

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

yep i enjoy all the help and happy new year!

i will test it in the morning

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.