brahmas are dual 2 ohm?

freddrick
10+ year member

phoenix
finally got the amp put in and just as I expected the bostons don't hit hard enough sound great though so I was going to get one brahma twelve but apparently they only come in dual 2 ohm and my amp will do 1000 x 1 at 2 ohms only 500 at 4 ohms don't think that would be enough to push the brahma so I was thinking two RE se 10s or one 12 or maybe one IDmax 12 which one would have better sql? box can be as big a 4 cubic feet 4.5 with out the golf clubs any ideas would be helpful thanks

You didn't say what kind of amp you have, but if it is 1 ohm stable then you could push a lot of wattage to it. but, 500W is a great daily driver, as bread said

the web site for adire says that the brahma will reach full excursion in a box that is 2.25 cubic feet ported tuned at 30 hz with 500 watts that size of box is a little bigger than I want but if these subs are as good as everyone says they are than I will go that big I just have to sell some of the other stereo stuff that I have thanks for the input everyone hopefully I can write a review of this set up within the end of the year. by the way the amp that I am using is a RF bd1000p and one of the shops that I went to say that this amp will run at 1 ohm even though RF says 2 ohm stable if anyone has worked with the BD pro let me know if it will run at one ohm

it will get warm..

if you lucked out and got a good one, it will run warm not hot..

keep it open (in an open sapce) and you may want to consider putting some fans on it...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.