boxing speakers NOT SUBS

Aren't your kickpanels already providing an enclosure for the midbasses?
I'm confused...
Not really. I made them out of 3/4" mdf but they are not even close to tight or "sealed" I am talking about a very small sealed enclosure around the back side of the speaker. Just like a sub only alot smaller.

yes i have. i have 2 aa poly mids, 1 in each door. door was fiberglassed inside, making a small sealed enclosure. it about doubled the output of the drivers, and really boosted the bass. but these drivers really shine in a sealed enclosure. u should make sure its the right choice for your hardware.

yes i have. i have 2 aa poly mids, 1 in each door. door was fiberglassed inside, making a small sealed enclosure. it about doubled the output of the drivers, and really boosted the bass. but these drivers really shine in a sealed enclosure. u should make sure its the right choice for your hardware.
Right now I just have some crap kenwood 5.25" loudspeakers. What would you recommend? I have 6.5" MB Quart components in the doors.

Hi,

I am also considering this, (i.e., building an enclosure for rear speakers). I imagine that a subwoofer (2 – 12’s) located in the trunk will cause problems with the speakers mounted in the rear deck (infinite baffle). Any thoughts?

Paul

Unless the drivers were meant for an IB install (actually just a really big sealed enclosure) giving them a defined airspace in which to work is definitely the way to go. With subs in the trunk, enclosures behind your rear deck speakers are pretty much a must.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.