box with sub firing up; ports up, or toward driver?

Participant count
  • Participant list

snitchelgroovin
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i want to get a 15" brahma sub, and the only way i can fit that in my trunk is if i have the height under 15inches, and L&W can be whatever under 20. i dont really wanna get the ports facing upwards, cause that would just make for a huge box... i would rather them be facing toward the cabin, and the front of the car from the trunk so i could hear them better.

but i could also maby do a slot port. what do you think would be good?

Originally posted by snitchelgroovin i want to get a 15" brahma sub, and the only way i can fit that in my trunk is if i have the height under 15inches, and L&W can be whatever under 20. i dont really wanna get the ports facing upwards, cause that would just make for a huge box... i would rather them be facing toward the cabin, and the front of the car from the trunk so i could hear them better.

but i could also maby do a slot port. what do you think would be good?

Try a box that would be a an angle on one sidee to mabe have enuf room for the sub and port(s)(?)

thats actually what i would like to have done, but ive just been told that i should have it firing up, and it would have better consistency through out the box also.

i think im gonna get like a 2cubic feet of box, with a slot port on the side, and have it facing up (sub right in the mid of the box) so it could be under 14 or so inches high. and the plan would be to put it in the back far right of my trunk when i need to put stuff, and when i want to listen to music hardcore, move the box to the middle or center of the trunk and it would sound a lil better. i think that would be the best way to sove my space problem and still have a good sounding sub. 15INCHES IS GONNA BE INSANE FOR A BRAHMA!!! WOOO.

im very excited but it will take awhile for me to get this, and a lot more money also

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.