box tuning question

ummm.....could u let us know what speaker your using....every speaker is not going to sound the same with the measurments u gave

what does the sub have to do with anything? he was just asking if his box was tuned to 30 hz. or not. the port calculator i used ended up with 5.82" so you are in the ballpark. i also didn't factor in driver displacement.

thanks. it just seemed like a small port to me. the sub is a rf power stage 2 15.
jonathan
It is small for that subwoofer, if you crank the he!! outta that sub, your going to get port noise out the wahzoo.

Just givin ya heads up.

Phil

Woodlawn Cabinetry

what does the sub have to do with anything? i also didn't factor in driver displacement.

my point exactly.........u mean to tell me if this dude uses a 8 inch speaker in a 4+ cubic box...ported the way he just describe he would be tuned two 30hz or in the ballpark?...and then have the nerve 2 say"i also didnt factor in driver displacement"..........thats becuz he didnt give a speaker 2 begin with...until now...so be4 u start calculating if he's right or not ...get the speaker that he is using so u can get an idea....

4 some reason i think iceteebone thinks i dont know what i'm talkin about half the time

my point exactly.........u mean to tell me if this dude uses a 8 inch speaker in a 4+ cubic box...ported the way he just describe he would be tuned two 30hz or in the ballpark?...and then have the nerve 2 say"i also didnt factor in driver displacement"..........thats becuz he didnt give a speaker 2 begin with...until now...so be4 u start calculating if he's right or not ...get the speaker that he is using so u can get an idea....

4 some reason i think iceteebone thinks i dont know what i'm talkin about half the time
Alright MR. i got my panties in a bunch what did you get since you think you know so much.

i got pics of my system on here already....and they speak 4 themselve

i know my ****...been into caraudio since i was 9 years old...did my first major system when i was 15years old...it was a 90 buick regal 4 door with eight 10inch kicker free-air's ran off of 2 rf 500m's...and it hit 157db's on the audio control mic.......the windows blew out a couple of days later but it was fun

i got pics of my system on here already....and they speak 4 themselve

i know my ****...been into caraudio since i was 9 years old...did my first major system when i was 15years old...it was a 90 buick regal 4 door with eight 10inch kicker free-air's ran off of 2 rf 500m's...and it hit 157db's on the audio control mic.......the windows blew out a couple of days later but it was fun
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bsflag.gif.21f42eccd34b7d1eb1608fb1b59b69c3.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/needpics.gif.edd6d28e76618c28c46f343991bcced5.gif

Alright MR. i got my panties in a bunch what did you get since you think you know so much.
I know enough that if he increase the size of the enclosure for 2 - 4" dia x 15.5" @ 30Hz, the subwoofer won't have to work as hard to move the air volume required to hit as hard or sound as loud as it wants it to without losing output.

I know enough that if he increase the size of the enclosure for 2 - 4" dia x 15.5" @ 30Hz, the subwoofer won't have to work as hard to move the air volume required to hit as hard or sound as loud as it wants it to without losing output.

i think he was talking to 80, not you lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.