box tuning help afte box is built

my friend helped me with the port design and how can i lower it to like 27 to 32hz that is the biggest i can make the box because i have a small trunk. can i make the port space smaller and add another board or what can i do?

i had a sealed box and i wanted ported so i made this one
mistake number 1, don't port a sealed box, they're usually too small.

Also a lot of calculation goes into making a port, you can't just put one on.

spend $40 on mdf/screws/glue and rebuild it.. hit up mobile enclosures / pro-rabbit or buck for a box design to spec for the subs / car they can make it work in there one way or another.... might even be better off going to 2 of the 10"s instead of using all 3

The box is bigger before I had two seperate boxes now I want to find a way I can lower the tuning on the box between 27hz and 32hz
if you want to lower the tuning you will have to increase the length of the port. So find a way to increase the length externally, then do the maths and find out how long the port should be to make it whatever frequency you desire to tune to. Lucky for you you're trying to decrease the tuning frequency, as increasing the tuning frequency would result in you decreasing the size of the port. Meaning you would have to open up the box.

if you want to lower the tuning you will have to increase the length of the port. So find a way to increase the length externally, then do the maths and find out how long the port should be to make it whatever frequency you desire to tune to. Lucky for you you're trying to decrease the tuning frequency, as increasing the tuning frequency would result in you decreasing the size of the port. Meaning you would have to open up the box.
I don't think I have space to make the port longer externally and can I make the port thinner and then make it longer inside? I kno it will be trouble taking the box apart but if it will work ill do it. And can you help me figure out on tuning it because I'm a pretty big noob at this

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.