Box too small. Turn sub around for more space?

Participant count
  • Participant list

95lincdog

Senior VIP Member
Bought a dc audio m3 8". Box too small, I think if I put sub firing into box would make more volume cuz magnet is huge. But, the amount of flex is rediculous on this sub and the thickness of the box is 1". Will it rub and hurt the speaker? Or is it ok?

Bought a dc audio m3 8". Box too small, I think if I put sub firing into box would make more volume cuz magnet is huge. But, the amount of flex is rediculous on this sub and the thickness of the box is 1". Will it rub and hurt the speaker? Or is it ok?
Yes its fine and u will gain a small amount of airspace ...make sure u turn the phase on the amp since u are running inverted

What size is the box?Ported or sealed?

You aren't going to gain much airspace just by mounting the sub inverted.
It's 17.75 x 11.75 x 11.5, the wood is 1 thick. 2 very small triangle ports on the front, but on the inside of the box, there's more wood so the air comes from the back of the enclosure. The sub displacement is .1ft^3

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.