Box software help please

Participant count
  • Participant list
Tons of people use winisd pro across multiple sites. Professionals use winisd pro. There are guys at DIYMA that use it that have very expensive equipment compared to the rest of us and they use it and have for years. Some of these guys have Porsche's, Lambos and so on. 1st time I have ever heard someone say subbox pro is better then winisd,lol.

You guys may be right. I'm basing this on my own experience. It's kinda difficult to say that 1 out of 4 different modeling programs is the correct one when the other 3 return matching results. Maybe I pressed a wrong button somewhere and missed it. Who knows?

Last edited:
You guys may be right. I'm basing this on my own experience. It's kinda difficult to say that 1 out of 4 different modeling programs is the correct one when the other 3 return matching results. Maybe I pressed a wrong button somewhere and missed it. Who knows?
seems to work ok. I use my own port calculator, but winisd is pretty useful for a few essentials when designing boxes.

So this is the issue with WinISD. If you let it calculate as many parameters as possible by itself, it works for those parameters. Issue is, those parameters don't match the manufacturers. If you enter the manufacturers parameters, it kicks them back and if you model it anyway the returns are off. So which do you trust, the the software or the manufacturer?

Try to model the CT Sounds Tropo 10 and you'll see what I mean. Try the DC Audio Level 3 10 as well.

It's an awesome software no doubt. Those are the two that I tried once I downloaded it and ran into what I'm describing above. Speakerbox, subbox.pro, and ultimate car audio app all matched using the manufacturers TS parameters.

Now I'm legit curious as to what's the difference in WinISD. I deleted all of the info for CT Sounds and started over from scratch and got the same results. When you run across this what do you do?

Well tuning at the level you guys are talking about is over my head at the moment. I built this box with 4 different chamber sizes so I could hear what size chamber sounds good to me in my 94 single cab with a S8L7.

I have .66, .70, .74, & .80 and I’ll try each one at a time. Once I get the one I like, I’ll go back in the box and make all 4 chambers the same and run 4 of the same subs. I’m sure there will be some differences I’ll have to deal with once I upscale, but I figure I can deal with that when I cross that bridge by adjusting power and DSP.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...