Box shops

Participant count
  • Participant list

JohnnyP
10+ year member

'69 Charger Owner
Cary, NC
Where is there a good shop around the cary, raleigh, durham area (less than an hour away from cary) that could build me a cheap(but high quality) box for my 18" solox kicker?...i would do it my self, the box building is easy but i get confused on the port size and how you tune the box:crap: . also it is going in a '69 dodge charger and the floor is uneven and only 17" tall (but it is about 4ft in each of the other dimensions)so the sub has to be mounted at an angle and it has to be 6 cu.ft.

2326814300080275071PQGJMx_th.jpg

thanks

top mount it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif save you alot of aggrivation

the mounting depth is 11.6 in so it will only give me a couple inches(about 3) after box thinkness(1in) and exscursion(1in), etc. are taken out(17-11.6-2-1-1=3.4)

i was thinking of top mounting it but someone suggested mounting it at an angle to allow more room between sub and trunk

get the maximum dimensions that you could fit and i'm sure someone on this board would build one for a great price. probably be way better built than a local shop too.

would it be alright if i only had about 1 or 2 inches between the sub and the trunk lid the 1-2 inches is after the ton of dynamat that i have to put on the lid before the mat there would be about 3 inches? also if i build a box with the dimension of H= 15", W=40", depth or length=25, and top mount the sub, how would i port it and tune it? one more thing.... would it be ok if there was only about 1 in between the bottom of the sub and the bottem of the box? cause ther is a hole in the magnet i am assuming for air movement?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.