Box Question

Brad894
10+ year member

I am building another box for the backseat of my 01 mustang. The question is which way should the subs and port face. The box i had before had round ports and they faced toward the backseat and the subs face up. It didnt sound too great because it sent all the sound backwards. I will making the next box with a slotted port.

I am building another box for the backseat of my 01 mustang. The question is which way should the subs and port face. The box i had before had round ports and they faced toward the backseat and the subs face up. It didnt sound too great because it sent all the sound backwards. I will making the next box with a slotted port.
maybe you have a misunderstanding of how ports direct sound as well as what directions sound waves travel.

No crap sherlock, i didnt realize it because i was trying to hurry and build a box because i wanted to try them out. No i didnt seal anything off because all i took out was the bottom part and made a platform for the box. Would the port be louder facing up or toward the passenger on a slotted box.

I would fire it up. unless you are firing it into a spot that folds down. Ive never heard of firig into a seat. Ive extended them through deck to fire into passenger compartment but not muffling them into the seat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.