Space available (Length x Width x Height): a **** load

Subwoofer make and model: kicker cvr

Subwoofer Size: 12

Number of Subwoofers: 2

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): slot

What type of music do you like?: rap

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: everyday

Tuning Freq (Hz):???

Volume : 4.025ft^3 (measured from outside of box)

Questions: ok so im new to having subs. bought them used and im not dure if I have a pre fabbed box or custom. is this a good size/volume for my speakers? or should I get something else?

front:

L:31.5

H:13

sides:

L:17

Back: (same as front)

one slot inbetween speakers: W:2.5 H:from top to bottom of box (besides the top and bottom boards)

read the noob stickies, hope I got everything in there for ya except not knowing the frequency. thanks yo

Vehicle : 95 town carLocation in the vehicle: trunk

Space available (Length x Width x Height): a **** load

Subwoofer make and model: kicker cvr

Subwoofer Size: 12

Number of Subwoofers: 2

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): slot

What type of music do you like?: rap

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: everyday

Tuning Freq (Hz):???

Volume : 4.025ft^3 (measured from outside of box)

Questions: ok so im new to having subs. bought them used and im not dure if I have a pre fabbed box or custom. is this a good size/volume for my speakers? or should I get something else?

front:

L:31.5

sides:

L:17

Back: (same as front)

one slot inbetween speakers: W:2.5 H:from top to bottom of box (besides the top and bottom boards)

read the noob stickies, hope I got everything in there for ya except not knowing the frequency. thanks yo
thats a 3 cubic feet gross box. After displacement (space sub and port takes up) you are actually down to around 2.5 cubic feet for both subs which is suffocating them. Looks like its a prefab bro, ditch that and build a custom one.

to find the gross cubic feet, you subtract 1.5 from each of the dimensions because thats how much the wood thickness takes up. so H x W x L after subtracted would be 30 x 11.5 x 15.5 = 5347.5

divide that by 12x12x12(to get cubic feet)= 1728

5347.5/1728 = 3.09 cubic feet, subtract 15-20% for a rough port displacement for a prefab" ballpark. and you are left with barely any usable NET cubic feet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.