box on back seat in a truck

Sure hope he plans on strapping that sucker down. If he gets in a wreck.....that box will become a missile aimed at his head.
Why do people fail to see this happening in a crash or even a hard sudden stop, whenever I'm planning out a stereo I always have the thought going through my head that I don't want anything going through my head!

i been trying to convince him to take out the seat. itll b easier to work with, safer, and look better. so no one has messed with this type of set up to help with sub port positioning?

Has he entertained the idea of a NICE console enclosure to replace the factory console if his truck has one!!!!!......The one below holds two 12s, cup holders, and cell phone tray. That way he can get some bass and keep his back seat!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 26533299

Why do people fail to see this happening in a crash or even a hard sudden stop, whenever I'm planning out a stereo I always have the thought going through my head that I don't want anything going through my head!
Well, it will be the last thing that goes through his mind... the box!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Well, it will be the last thing that goes through his mind... the box!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
This shit happened to me the other day. Had a test box in the back of the CRX. Some *** stopped short and a 50lb sub and box almost took my friggin head off.

I's say subs up, port to the side. The onyl advantage of having it ON th eback seat is you could probably still have someone sit back there. But man, strap that bish down!

i been trying to convince him to take out the seat. itll b easier to work with, safer, and look better. so no one has messed with this type of set up to help with sub port positioning?
Not really, because it's a really bad thing to do. If he's going to have a box all the way across the seat, why not just take the seat out? It's not fathomable. It'd be way cleaner, and he could do a really big build at that point. Or small, or whatever. But, it'd just be a lot cleaner and safer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.