Box is too big

It will effect it some...your tuning freq will stay the same because that is determined on port length....
no, that is incorrect. the frequency your tuned to is a product of the port area and the port length, so yes, changing the height, which means changing the port area, will affect the tuning. by cutting making it shorter in height and losing some port area, you will lower your tuning if you leave it the same length

any changes to the box, or the port will change the tuning.

some chanes are more drastic than others.

how much taller is it than you need?

you might be able to take off the bottom and the top to gain a litle room

Are you talking about cutting the top off of the box by the port or what? Your question is very vague. If you're making the box smaller and not changing the port, your tuning frequency will go up. If you're changing the port area and making it smaller, your tuning frequency will go down.

Yes the box is too tall and too deep i can not fit it in the car. I was going to cut it shorter but if its going to change the tuning at all i'm not going to do it. I think i'm going to build a different box that fits.

no, that is incorrect. the frequency your tuned to is a product of the port area and the port length, so yes, changing the height, which means changing the port area, will affect the tuning. by cutting making it shorter in height and losing some port area, you will lower your tuning if you leave it the same length
no, that is incorrect...

if its a slot load port, then if you lower the box, you are reducing the port area, AND the box volume...

the port tuning isn't just dependant on the port, it depends on the enclosure aswell... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.