box in bed with bedliner for blowthrough

treylittlefield
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
can u build a box and put it in a blowthrough and not use a bed cover?? like use resin and then coat the whole bed in bed liner as if sealing it to the bed?? somone at a shop said water would eventually get through the bed liner and kill the box..anyone have any experience or advice??

At least get a vinyl tonneau cover. I got one for $180 + shipping and it's hinged and lifts up and everything...check out ebay. I don't have anything on the floor of the bed at the moment. You can just cover your box in resin and bolt it right to the floor. But please get a tonneau.

At least get a vinyl tonneau cover. I got one for $180 + shipping and it's hinged and lifts up and everything...check out ebay. I don't have anything on the floor of the bed at the moment. You can just cover your box in resin and bolt it right to the floor. But please get a tonneau.
and especailly not the vinyl covers. lol

I guess it could work but everyone will see a huge box in your bed and eventually catch on to what it is. Greater risk of theft.

I guess it could work but everyone will see a huge box in your bed and eventually catch on to what it is. Greater risk of theft.
well i dont live in a big city or anything. the thing i wanna figure out is that will the box get wet with resin and then sprayed wit bedliner like the above picture.

I get what you're saying. I know from experiance the rhino-liner bed liner stuff or any liner for that matter is only water resistant not water proof. A box I did with it over time absorbed the moisture and got into the MDF and next thing it was saw-dust. Figure this;

Fiberglass resin is used for boats and bed liner is used on trucks.

I would resin the entire box and at the least look into a vinyl top tonneau cover. Its better than nothing. I had a vinyl top for 2 years with no problems.

well i dont live in a big city or anything. the thing i wanna figure out is that will the box get wet with resin and then sprayed wit bedliner like the above picture.
Doesn't matter if you live in a big city or not. I live in a town of about 1500 rednecks and I still got my **** broke into.

Its not as difficult as you're thinking. Just resin the box and throw a vinyl tonneau on and you're good to go.

well i am prob gonna get the bed cover i just dont like the looks of em at all honestly. and i was thinkin if i resined the box then put the bed liner over that like in the above picture...would that not work??

yeah id resin the piss out of it. and then resin it again.and also try to eleveat the box like at least 1/4 off the floor .

and if i was going to get any tonneau, (if money is not an issue) id go to checkerpro.com

flushmount ftw.

yeah id resin the piss out of it. and then resin it again.and also try to eleveat the box like at least 1/4 off the floor .
and if i was going to get any tonneau, (if money is not an issue) id go to checkerpro.com

flushmount ftw.
if i was gonna get any kind it would be a flushmount. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.