box in bed of truck?

stlpedder03
10+ year member

I was looking in to getting a truck and i was wondering if u will be able to hear 2 12" massive audio CW's or RE 2 12' SX's in the cab. My friend was like no way u wont beable to hear nething just get small subs, so i was wondering of anyones success in doing this?

You do not put subs in the bed unless you plan on doing a blow through design. From the sound of things you do not sound like the type that would possess the knowledge to do so. Just put a sub behind the seat and call it a day

your also asking to get your **** stolen. if i say subs laying in the bed of a truck, i would take them for the hell of it because you are a dumbass and teach you a lesson. i was just playing with ya so don't get your balls in a vice but the moral of the story is, that should be easy to steal, and plus what you do if it rains unless you got a cap on your truck?

You do not put subs in the bed unless you plan on doing a blow through design. From the sound of things you do not sound like the type that would possess the knowledge to do so. Just put a sub behind the seat and call it a day
lol..

he is right...unless you plan on cutting a hole in the cab/bed your sol as far as the bed thing goes..do you have a x-cab or regular?

Hey, please don't think I'm an idiot or whatever for asking this, but would it work if you put a camper top over your bed and replaced your stock rear window with one of those that you can slide open, and then just leave it open?

terrible idea unless your planning on doin a blow through......and like some mentioned before that would make them VERY easy to steal.....if i was walkin around and saw 2 re SX's in the back of a truck i would be VERY tempted....just my $0.02

I have a cut cab on my truck with 2 15s and theres no way in hell that someone could steal it, it weighs about 300 lbs at least, the box is rhino linered and bolted to the frame of my truck, plus my truck is **** tall too.

I have a cut cab on my truck with 2 15s and theres no way in hell that someone could steal it, it weighs about 300 lbs at least, the box is rhino linered and bolted to the frame of my truck, plus my truck is **** tall too.
if someone wants it, they will take it.

thats why u get a bed cover and locked it....its just like putting a system in the trunk of a car, just this trunk is alot bigger, and btw i got a reg cab dakota and i removed the center console and put my 12 between the seats so i can see that beautiful thing move //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif and its a 2.5cf sealed box and im only like 5' 8 so i sacrificed a good bit of leg room, but the main reason was to allow for mounting depth

thats why u get a bed cover and locked it....its just like putting a system in the trunk of a car, just this trunk is alot bigger
believe me. if they want something, they will get it. i dont care if it is locked up or not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.