box idea?

assassyn
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Michigan
I have 4 12"s and want more Bass, it is plenty loud but I want seat shaking, ground pounding Bass.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/2527/4281/6317140040_large.jpg

so I was thinking of sealing off my ported box. (was meant for just 2 subs but I put 4 in) and building a ported box on top of it. and have the port faceing the back of the seat. or make a hole behind the arm rest. or though the rear speaker tray.

Or just make a new box. what would give me the most ground pounding Bass

And please dont tell me just to go buy better stuff. $200 and shaking $h!t off the walls,

any ideas are welcome

Thanks

just make a big ported box for all 4 if you can fit it... tune it lower. well depends on what you think is low but to be low and still musical i think 34 hertz is good

I am trying to get a big pic up. sorry about that. it is about 3cube ft
holy hell ! you need a bigger box than that for 4 12's. lol. like i said , if you want low groundpounding bass i would go big ported low tuned box... what kind of vehicle is this going in?

hmmm well honestly i dont know much about that car. lol.. if you have the space like i said go ahead and build 1 or 2 big ported box(s)... tune it low. give it 17 sq in of port per cubic feet. subs up ports back is usually efficiant for tighter spaces hiegth wise... but just give the subs about 2 cubic feet each. so 1 8 cubic ft box or 2 4 cubic ft boxes.

i say one big box.

7.5 cubic ft same chamber. and 90in^2 of port. with that the port will have to be about 25.5 inches for a tunning of 32 hz. 20 for 35 hz, and 16 for a tunning of 38 hz.

to have 7.5 cubic ft net, you will need 9+ cubic ft in that trunk to go ported. i dont think you have that much....

if you look at the pic of the subs. you will see that 2 are differnt than the other 2. so I will go with 2 boxes.

I have a huge trunk With subs in my 5.5 cu box and a spare tire I can fit 2 DEER in there.

if you look at the pic of the subs. you will see that 2 are differnt than the other 2. so I will go with 2 boxes.
I have a huge trunk With subs in my 5.5 cu box and a spare tire I can fit 2 DEER in there.
LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.