Box for sa12

Participant count
  • Participant list
Right now i have a box that i am making a new front for the dimensions are 13h/27w/11.5d i want the box to be tuned in the 32-36 hz range to get it in that range with my current box i ill have to make the the port one inch in width to keep around a 1.5 net volume. Im powering the sa12 d4 with 600watts at 2ohms. This is just a temp(since some expenses have come up) set up so perfection isn't completely important to me but i don't want it to sound terrible. But anyways i was wondering if the 1 inch width will sound terrible due to chaffing(I think thats what it is). Sorry if I sound jumbled I really don't know much about this. On torres the 14in l port is about 36 hz and on re its about 32.

How about this one i though I'd leave some room for reinforcement, and what kind of reinforcement do you recommend. Also just to be clear the three port walls is an l port right or would that be two common walls.

Edit: I was also wondering about sub placement i was thinking about placing it in the center of the box with the port on the left but what would sound best and how would placement effect the port.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully someone with more experiencewill come along shortly in chime in but im sure port per sq foot should be around 12 & i would go 4" or more on port higth. Im doing two sa12's and with 4 " x12" & its noisey at high volume. Gonna build another box later.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.