Box for RE SE 10

Participant count
  • Participant list

sgresham
10+ year member

I have been looking at alot of subwoofers for my G37, and I think I am about ready to pull the trigger on an RE SE 10 D2. The question I have now is should I go sealed or ported? I have enough room in my trunk to do either, and if I go ported, I can get the plans right off of RE's website for the box, but I generally listen to mostly rock music with pretty tight bass notes. Would I ported box tuned to about 34 be able to replicate kick drums well, or should I just go with a sealed box? I want good output, but I also don't want muddy bass. Thanks for any insight you can offer!

Def. sealed for ehat you want... Rap music does better with ported... rock definately sealed will give you tight punchy bass...

The sub works good in either box. Don't listen to people who say a ported box isn't "punchy". The reason why it may seem like that is because with a ported box the lower frequencies are more present, thus making it seem like the "punchy" bass isn't as prominent as a sealed box(which rolls off earlier and lacks

Sorry but the doule bass on my ported box full of se's feel like you are getting kicked in the back of the head. It is a common missconception that subs need o be sealed to sound good. My vote is ported and tuned a little lower, like 32.

Ok, t sounds like ported might be the way to go. Do you guys think a Sundown 1200.1 a good match for the RE SE 10? I'm only gonna be running it at 2 ohm, because the sub I ordered is a dual 4, so it should only be giving it about 600 watts. If you don't think that would work well, recommend me an amp that would be a good match at 2 ohms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.