Box for port wars...

Participant count
  • Participant list

F150Matt
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok...here's the deal. I am planning on doing USACi, but there are also a lot of whitlee comps here. In most of the whitlees you can stick the mic in the port if it is 8x8 or larger, or right at the port if it is any other dimensions. In WinISD Pro, you can get peak port velocity. Would a higher velocity mean more SPL in the port? I know it would probably mean more port noise, but this box would be specifically for a high number in port wars. Also, what are some factors into the SPL at the port? Would a bigger or smaller box make better for port wars? Keep in mind I wont be using this box at the USAC comps where I'll be competing on the dash. For USAC I'll be using about 8ft^3 tuned to about 50hz. I want to have 3 boxes, one for daily, one for port wars, and my comp box. Let me know please. Thanks.

think about the sound of wind going over a mic...its not that loud, just annoying...higher port vel will not do that. make enough port area so vel is under 30m/s. and that tunning freq is pretty **** high, you sure you want it tunned there?

The tuning frequency listed above is for a comps only box. I'm getting the box to make the peak output very close to my resonant frequency. I will have a separate box for daily driving.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.