Box for my SEs

Participant count
  • Participant list

netzero
10+ year member

USMC
Does this sound ok? For two 12" RE SEs, 4.3 cubes net before a little bracing, tuned to 33 Hz with a 6" aero double baffled?

And how do the SEs sound at 33 Hz? I have mine at 28 Hz now and they hammer the lows, will i see a loss in the low end? And how much of a volume gain could i possible get? Thanks all

I had mine in 4cf@32hz and they did awesome...
What kinda power u throwing at them?
They're on my AQ1200D off solid electrical, so around 1200.. I've heard good things about them in this range so i thought i'd try.

seems that 33hz compared to 28hz would lose some low end
Ya I figured, but do you think it would effect my sound to noticeably?

They're on my AQ1200D off solid electrical, so around 1200.. I've heard good things about them in this range so i thought i'd try.

Ya I figured, but do you think it would effect my sound to noticeably?
still will sound good I just think it wont hit the lows as well,but will be a little louder.is that worth it to you? isnt to me

Ok sounds good, maybe I'll extend the port a little closer to 30-32ish to be safe. I'll play around. Does the 6" aero sound ok? I was originally going to do two 4" ports, but you get more area with the 6" and less surface area. I'm limited on room, thats why im only doing one...

if your not happy with the 28hz tuning, apparently you think your setup is missing something,I assume loudness,so yes tuning to 33hz will give you a little more volume, just know your lowest lows will suffer a little compared to your 28hz

if your not happy with the 28hz tuning, apparently you think your setup is missing something,I assume loudness,so yes tuning to 33hz will give you a little more volume, just know your lowest lows will suffer a little compared to your 28hz
Ya It lacks a little on the highs compared to my last setup, so i think I'll do 32, sounds like a good compromise. I have a sh*ty box now so any box will sound better. But do you see any problems with the 6" Aero? Its a little small but do you think it will work?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.