Box for my Alpine Type X 12"

Participant count
  • Participant list

saltyjesus
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys,

I usually make my own boxes, but I am way too busy right now. I have a 12" Alpine Type X Subwoofer and matching Alpine 1000 watt RMS Amp (dont remember the model number) and liked how this box looked. I want something big and appropriate for the sub. Im not too hot on 1 cubic foot cube boxes I see. $120 is manageable for me, but wanted to see if any of y'all knew of a better deal for a similar product.

Thank you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-CUSTOM-PORTED-MDF-SUB-ENCLOSURE-BOX-2-0FT-3-32Hz_W0QQitemZ170048464778QQihZ007QQcategoryZ50568QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Have someone build a box for you on here....I've seen guys say they'll build a custom box for $100 shipped, which would sound SO much better then the Ebay box:D

Have someone build a box for you on here....I've seen guys say they'll build a custom box for $100 shipped, which would sound SO much better then the Ebay box:D
not neccessarily...

the ebay box is carpeted, alot guys here don't carpet their boxes unless they're doing it for themselves...they leave the finish for you...

if this box is actually tuned to 32, then it wouldn't be so bad...

most prefab ported boxes that are tuned to say 45 or 50...

like i said, who knows if what the auction guy is saying is true or not, only way to know is doing it yourself or having someone doing it for you...but i would trust a seller that actually says what the box is tuned to then someone who doesn't mention it at all and just says "this is teh best"

by doing it yourself, it takes ~30-40 bux worth of goods and a few hours or a afternoon depending on your tools...but if you don't got time, see if someone here will do it for you with carpet and terminal cups for under 110 then...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.