Box for home audio

Participant count
  • Participant list

accuab
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm thinking of doing a shelf cd player instead of going the soundbar method for my tv. Is it a bad idea to build my own box and use the speakers front a setup stereo like that? I figured I could make a cleaner look by removing the speakers from the factory boxes and building my own. The problem is I would have no T/S parameters to go by so I would pretty much have to measure the original box and mimic the volume. For the mids and highs a sealed box would be no issue. But a lot of the systems come with a separate sub in its own box that is ported and it would be hard to mimic that box. I could make it sealed but wouldn't get the same bass response.

The box would not be for sound quality but for looks. It would either be finished in a high gloss black or with felt and have the grills covered so it just looked like a box. The idea would be to completely hide the speakers. I'm not looking to build a standard looking box. I'm looking at a long short box about the width of the shelf right under the tv.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.