Box for cvr 12

Participant count
  • Participant list

digitalrainman
10+ year member

here
I am planning on getting a kicker cvr 12" 2 ohm sub and i need a box for it. I found one of the largest that will fit in my sierra and its here on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Inch-Truck-Sub-Wedge-Pro-Audio-Carpet-Bass-Box-12F7_W0QQitemZ230152424987QQihZ013QQcategoryZ50568QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The question i have and was a concern was the mounting depth for that sub. The mounting depth for the box states it should be just a little more then the sub needs. but there was someone that mentioned to me they were concerned about the sub and heat, just wanted to hear some opinions at caraudio.

Thanks.

Its a little small for a 12 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif . Kicker says min 1cf. I don't know much about heat but I would like a little more then 5/16" space between my sub and MDF but, on the other hand all older subs never had a vent hole and worked fine so blocking it might not do any damage if you stick to the RMS rating. You will lose efficacy due to the heat but your sub should hold up fine. Have you thought about building your own box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.