Box for Btl 18?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sparkplug121988
10+ year member

SWINE FREE!!!
spokane, wa
I am looking to build a box for a single 18". The sub is fully loaded and will be going into a 06 malibu. Im looking to seal the box off from the trunk. I want to do a swithcable port. I want one port around 32hz or so and the other for spl. My question is what should the box size be and port area be? I was told for the btl that 4cf with 100sq of port would be the best. What have you had luck with? Keep in mind that this will be in a trunk of a car so not alot of room.

If youve got a lot of power for it, that size would work out but if youre just giving it rated I think you'll be dissapointed. Mine was 4.6 cubes net, with only 4 4" ports, tuned to 33Hz and peaked at around 148.7 @ 41Hz all in the trunk, sub up, ports back...so there's potential with the right power

Nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif then I think 4 cubes would be just fine for getting loud. New model btl?

This isint gonna be for a daily driver. Just putting this in their to prove a point to some people. Also The sub needs to be recond to a dual 1 so im not worried about blowing it.

Yea, 80-100 sq inches would be what I'd play around with. Should burp pretty high I'd think as long as everything's layed out well and you have the electrical to back up your amps

Well Im tryin to figure out if I should seal it off or just have sub up port foward or back. Is their any one that would desighn a quick box for like $5.00 that all I have in paypal lol.

So im lookin at a box that needs to be around 5.2cubs or so before sub and port displacment? Cause Im using the 12volt caculater and its saying that the port will need to be 21" long and it will be around a cube or so of displacment.

well thats the thing this is just for a few day and it sgonna be in my moms car so I cant just start cutting stuff lol. But ya I want to face it foward if thats gonna be louder. I have never done a big trunk set up so.....

Well if you arent going to be cutting stuff up and spray-foaming everything I'd keep it in the trunk...sub up, port back or possibly even play with a side-firing port setup

Back toward the trunk lid? Also if I do decide to port threw the seats how far back should the sub sit? Or what about just putting the box on the back seats? would that be louder?

also I can do the one port for 45hz or so but one for 32hz its way to long what are my options. Run to ports that equal 100sq of port but then I could swap um out. Any pics of a box with some swapable ports or will this not work with such small room?

Ok I think what I will do is seal it off and do two ports. The box will be 36w x 18x x 18d. The ports will be 16.5h x 3w x 7l for the 45hz and 15l for 36hz does that sound right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.