Box for 2 sa-12's

vypr
10+ year member

Hi,

I am going to be running about 3krms to 2 sundown sa-12's. I know you have to make a smaller enclosure when running more power but is 3.17ft3 and tuned to 33.49 Hz with 50sqin of port good? I can go 24 deep on the design but if 23 will work I will go with that. I am going to run 2 soundstream rubicon 2500's strapped at 4 ohms.

Thanks for your help

Prepare to buy some recones if you put anywhere near 3k to them. Over double the subs rated rms isn't a good idea.
I will disagreement as I have my customers run 1k-1.2k to them daily no failures yet when i set the gains and stuff just have to be smart with it.

I also have a pair of fi ssd 12's d2's I dont think I have the electrical to run them with the 2 amps. Maybe if I set the gain for like 3k on those. Thats why i decided to use the sundowns. because they are dual 4's I ran those 2 sa-12's off of one rubicon 2500 and they sounded great. Is I use the fi"s I think the box maybe a bit too small for them. I believe the site says 1.8 to 2.5. The box I want to put them in would be 3.17 @ 33.5HZ

I will disagreement as I have my customers run 1k-1.2k to them daily no failures yet when i set the gains and stuff just have to be smart with it.
over double the rms isn't "being smart with it" if you ask me. Can they handle it? Maybe. But for a daily set up, wouldn't it be smarter to give it maybe a few hundred watts over rated of clean power and let it rip, rather than double rms and have to be very careful of what you play and at what volume etc...?

Like I said in daily setups around here I have run 1200rms a sub with zero issues now can they blow easily of course how long they last with the power he will be giving them solely depends on how he sets it all up and how he uses it.

So a 3.17 Cuft box tuned to 33.5hz with 50sqin or port will be good with the amount of power I am going to give them. I am going to set ssf to 28hz

So, you have more power than you need for those woofers, sounds like you need to upgrade woofers yo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

no way I would run more then 1k to a skar, sa, obsidian, or any other 600rms sub..Can they take it? im sure they can..But its silly, just buy a sub that is meant to handle that power

I have 2 fi ssd 12 d2 with bp power option. Would that be a better choice? But my box might be to small. Or I can sell the 4 subs and get better ones. What subs would you recommend with that size box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.