box for 2 digital designs 9515's

btballer38
10+ year member

hey guys im trying to design the best box for my subs and i dont have too much room to work with.the box is going into my 1995 honda accord ex 4 door sedan. for now there going to be run off a 2k amp but im hoping to get a bigger amp when i can make some more cash.

the dimensions of the box is W33" x D28" x H14.5"

the subs will be facing upwards and im deciding if i want to but the side by side or having them on a angle. i also would like the port to be facing towards the inside of my car ( maybe a aero port?? ) but i would like to know whats the best port size. im thinking the box should be around 34hz ???

any other tips and helpful advise will be extremely appreciated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Not enough space for 2 9515s, maybe 1...
Not enough space for the HUGE text either...

I'd run one ported. You'll be choking two 15s in that space

EDIT: Oh, and if you aren't going to be blocking the trunk off from the cabin area, face the sub and port away from you.

Agreed. Run one with sub up aero port side... Plus you only have 2k for now, which one sub would like that much more...
Or do this, I'm not a trunk person, but I do know that towards you isn't the way to go in 95% of cases.

After sub,port,bracing you will not be able to build a proper box for 2 9515s. I barely fit a box for 2 9512s in my Concorde and my trunk is wayyy bigger than yours (I used to have a 96 Accord Ex).

i got the box up to 7.62 cu/ft so thats pretty close to me. what happens if the box is a little smaller then the the specs of the subs?
That's before displacements. You need around 10ft^3 before displacements to end up with ~8ft^3 for those subs.

Sometimes less is more. I would be willing to bet that 1 15 will be louder out of your trunk than 2. I also hope you have the electrical support to run 2k watts. Stock Accord alternators are very weak.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.