Box for '01 Chev. Silv. Ex. Cab???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Crank
10+ year member

JUNIOR MARINE
Okay, I recently got a '01 Silverado Extended cab and am interested in trying to put a couple speakers, I checked into gettin 12's and they told me about these 2 JL 12's that they would put in a box, but mainly what I'm asking here is What would anyone recomment in this truck? 2 12's? 2 10's? I dont really wanna lift the rear seat, or remove it, and I would like to use all of the available space there under the seat to my advantage, I'd like a good quality bass with clarity... I just want loud music, i listen to rock and country, and an occasional hip hop song. I would like the box to be VERY CLEAN, I'm a fan of simplicity, so I want everything hidden, So I guess I am asking for advise on what y'all would put in a truck like mine for the purposes I want, downfiring, upfiring? size of subs? Premade box or custom? Sealed or ported and actually wondering if anyone makes a box premade that would have a spot in the center between the speakers to mount the amp, to where it wouldnt be in the way, as well as being out of sight if that makes sense? Please help me out, and if this sounds all confusing I'm sorry, I need to go to bed after my 16 hour day at work on no sleep. Thanks all

Brandon

I went through the same thing when I got my Silvy, in order for you to fit 12's your gonna have to lift the rear seats about 3", and it still wont give you anough airspace IMO. I didnt want to get 10's so I did the next thing that I could do, I took off the middle front seat and I put the box in the middle, also serves as arm rests lol. They do sell prefab boxes but I believe they only give you about 1 cube of space.. for either 1 12" or 2 10"s.

You should be able to do 2 12's under the seat. I know kicker makes a slim line woofer that would probably work pretty good if you can get the airspace right. Also a single 10" vented would work pretty well too. Pre manufactured boxes are not the way to go IMO. They are not made for any specific woofer and you won't get very good results. For country you will want something that will have "impact bass" and usually comes from a smaller sealed enclosure. For the "rap style" and spl style bass, that usually comes from a larger sealed enclosure for it to play really low or a vented box that will play much louder just not as low. For your situation a couple of small box 10's might work better since you want to encorporate an amp rack.

yeah, forgot that he wanted the amps down there too, 2 10's or 1 12", Ive seen people use the 10" L7's and only lifting the seat 2". Im building my amp rack underneath the seats though, and redoing the box in fiberglass making it look like a center console.

I went to an audio shop and was quoted 780 for 2 12" JL W-Somethings and the box, a JL amp and the wiring, which I dont know whether that is a good deal or not, but I figured I'd get up with this site first... I wonder if 2 10's would work good? I do wanna keep it under the rear seat and outta peoples way if people are back there? DOWNFIRE? Recommendations on brands? We got a wood shop on Camp Lejeune I can go to to make my own box, I figure i'm smart enuff to make a decent MDF box... Xtremekustomz, do you have any more pictures of ur front clip on ur truck? I'm thinking about painting my grill all black, since my Silverado is all black too. Included a couple pics. Thanks folks

Brandon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.