Box DESIGNED need review?

Participant count
  • Participant list

billy18bm
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Do i have the calculations at the bottom of the image correct? for the size and dimensions of my box..

box.jpg

whatever size box and tuning you need mo has plans that are designed well. i thinks you will find his plans in the enclosure forum, like third thread down. "box plans"

not really, look how short the port is. With the box designing programs, if the port area is small then the port itself does not have to be as deep as if the port area were larger.

I think making it longer and wider might reduce some turbulence, however. Correct me if I'm being dumb.

does anyone actually know if i calculated it right? i mean i know there are box plans in the sticky but they arent wat i need so i am tryin to learn this.

not really, look how short the port is. With the box designing programs, if the port area is small then the port itself does not have to be as deep as if the port area were larger.
I think making it longer and wider might reduce some turbulence, however. Correct me if I'm being dumb.
He isn't talking about the converse relationship between port width and port length, he's saying that the port width is too small for the volume of air that is supposed to pass through it. The problem gets severe when extreme compression in the port causes a loss in output. Not good. Making it wider and longer go together, although more length would actually increase the chance for turbulence.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.