Box design for 2 15" zv5s

Participant count
  • Participant list
Heres my situation. I recently got 2 15" zv5s the vehicle is a ford f150 extended cab. The seat has been removed. I'm not able to do my origional plan of 4 in a wall at this time. I'm pretty sure even with just 2 as long as i have the right box i should be able to hit around 155. I don't have experience with 4th order boxes but from some reading I'm leaning that way. Looking for opinions. And please don't just say ported. If possible explain and tell me examples of what you have seen or done any Changes you made to improve your numbers.

You may not have enough room to do a 4th order. I would say a simple ported or wall might be better off in that space you have.

Heres my situation. I recently got 2 15" zv5s the vehicle is a ford f150 extended cab. The seat has been removed. I'm not able to do my origional plan of 4 in a wall at this time. I'm pretty sure even with just 2 as long as i have the right box i should be able to hit around 155. I don't have experience with 4th order boxes but from some reading I'm leaning that way. Looking for opinions. And please don't just say ported. If possible explain and tell me examples of what you have seen or done any Changes you made to improve your numbers.
Assuming zv5 even will function in 4th order bandpass, they're really not anything special. If you want a one-note-wonder you can do that with a large port, and by the time you get a wide flat bandwidth out of them you basically are working with a worse-sealed-box.

Don't take my word for it though, build one and see what happens. Buy yourself an SPL meter. 155 in a pickup without a window or door open will be difficult.

Well the box issue is solved. Going with a ported box a guy is doing 154.3 on the dash with door open and 165.6 in the port. I don't have as much power but he only wants $100 for the box. Hopefully next weekend i can have it running.

Well the box issue is solved. Going with a ported box a guy is doing 154.3 on the dash with door open and 165.6 in the port. I don't have as much power but he only wants $100 for the box. Hopefully next weekend i can have it running.
is it from the same vehicle? if it is from a different vehicle everything changes, if from the same vehicle be sure your electrical and power is on par

is it from the same vehicle? if it is from a different vehicle everything changes, if from the same vehicle be sure your electrical and power is on par
This. Just because he hit that number isn't a guarantee you will also. You did state, OP, that your not gonna run as much power as he did but still an fyi...

I've got zv5 15s as well. But mine are fully loaded and built for a 4th order which I'm doing if you were closer I'd jyst sell you my old box and you'd be done

The box is in a s10 so going to my f150 will be different. I have more space not sure if thats good or bad. I should be ok on power. Have a 370amp singer with xs d3100,s3400,xp3000 I'll be using a sq4500 i have thought about getting another amp. But the cost is way more than 1 more amp. I figure I'd need another alt and on a different post someone said you couldn't run multiple alts on the 5.4 v8 not sure what the reason on that is??? And I'd need more batteries I'm guessing minimum 4 in the back 2 for each amp. Audio is stupid expensive I'm gonna have to quit smoking lol. And i still need about $300 more of deadner. Guess i better sell some of my other audio equipment or I'll be forced to work the corner after my day job

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.