Box design for 1 to 2CF @ 30-32hz aero or octoport? Single 12 inch sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

VWBobby
10+ year member

PG and SS nuthugger
West coast
I have enough room for 1 to 2CF at 30-32hz. The box needs to be 29" or less wide, depth and height doesn't really matter, around 16 - 18" proffered. Sub is a 12 inch Massive Audio Hippo 122 feeding it 1500WRMS.

I see a lot of designs for slot ports, but I don't like the way a slot port looks in my interior. I was wondering if someone has a round or octoport design for the above dimensions?

Thank you!!!

-Bobby

[quote name='bmk6795']id recommend buck as well, or @bbeljefe ; not sure if he does designs though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I do modeling but I don't do cut sheets. Perhaps I'll get up to speed on Sketchup at some point but for now, I don't have time to learn it and I can build two boxes in the time it takes me to draw one, lol.

Thanks. I do modeling but I don't do cut sheets. Perhaps I'll get up to speed on Sketchup at some point but for now, I don't have time to learn it and I can build two boxes in the time it takes me to draw one, lol.
Lolol it takes me about 10 minutes to draw one up on sketchup after using it a couple times. Its not that hard to master.

Lolol it takes me about 10 minutes to draw one up on sketchup after using it a couple times. Its not that hard to master.
I understand that but I've been building boxes without cut sheets for twenty five years and it doesn't make sense to spend an hour doing a $25.00 drawing when I can build a $150.00 enclosure in the same hour.

But I have played with Sketchup and when I have both the time and the inclination to do so, I'll become proficient with it.

I understand that but I've been building boxes without cut sheets for twenty five years and it doesn't make sense to spend an hour doing a $25.00 drawing when I can build a $150.00 enclosure in the same hour.
But I have played with Sketchup and when I have both the time and the inclination to do so, I'll become proficient with it.
Oh yeah i understand where you're coming from. If I didn't need it I wouldn't use it either. Hell the only reason I do use it is because I don't have the means to cut the wood myself so I draw the sheet up and email it to my buddy who cuts for me. Else I prolly wouldnt use it either.

View attachment 26546620

View attachment 26546621

View attachment 26546622

Thanks for the help. I was just wanting to see if someone already had something sketched up.

Here is a design I just made for 2.088cf (gross) that works out to 2CF with sub installed at 30-31hz.

Dimensions are: 26"W x 17"H X 11"D externally. Will use double baffle with sub recessed, all edges rounded. Going with 3/4" cabinet grade birch.

I can use one 5 inch port that is 25.16" long or two 3 inch ports @ ~18" long (30-31hz).

Thinking of going with the one 5 inch port, since since I can fit it with 1 bend....

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, no.... I forgot that WinISD doesn't account for port displacement. It looks like Torres might be accounting for the displacement with the net volume being around 1.7CF? The box is 2.088 gross, so not sure what port and sub displacement would bring it down to. Using 5" port, 25 inches long.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.