Box dampening/ poly fill

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fat_boy
10+ year member

Should dampening material like polyfill be included in the determination for gross Sqft or not. I have a limited amount of space I can utilize for an enclosure and the Subs Im going with help with that as they only require .5 gross. My problem however is just making it match up to the vehicles interior layout, while maintaining the Sqft and having a spot to place the Amp. If I have to account for the poly or damening material then I need to start from scratch.

Awsome, noe for the next question..how much should I put in there? It's a littl ehard to explain but...It's basically 2 seperate enclosures tied together by the back, top and front with a large space available in the middle for a would be amp rack. The enclosure over all will be

41"w x 12"h x 6"D-1 and 14"D-2, the actual enclosures will be 12 x 12 x 6/14. Giving 0.54 gross Sqft after bracing and subs. The fun part is getting the would be "wings" matched up to go over the rear fender wells and match up to the vehicle interior. It should look pretty sick when it's done if I can do it right. But right now Im just focusing on the little stuff. Thanks for the info.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.