Box Builder App Question

Participant count
  • Participants list

Grimmjoww

CarAudio.com Veteran
Been trying to design a box through sub box pro and it's coming out pretty good. Only problem is I want to go sub up and port back but it doesn't show this configuration. It shows sub port same side and sub front port side. How much of a tuning difference would there be to build the box in the app sub back port back but actually face the sub up? Thanks

Been trying to design a box through sub box pro and it's coming out pretty good. Only problem is I want to go sub up and port back but it doesn't show this configuration. It shows sub port same side and sub front port side. How much of a tuning difference would there be to build the box in the app sub back port back but actually face the sub up? Thanks
There should be no difference. As long as port area and length remain the same, you should be set.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm going to do 2.25 net tuned at 32 hz. I'm just guessing on this sub because I have no idea where the FS will be lol. But that's a solid enclosure size and tune for a lot of the bigger subs. This is going in a Jeep ZJ, or Grand Cherokee. Should I go sub up port back? Or both back? A lot of the pro box builders say to go sub up port back, but I'm no pro 😂

Hey guys, I'm going to do 2.25 net tuned at 32 hz. I'm just guessing on this sub because I have no idea where the FS will be lol. But that's a solid enclosure size and tune for a lot of the bigger subs. This is going in a Jeep ZJ, or Grand Cherokee. Should I go sub up port back? Or both back? A lot of the pro box builders say to go sub up port back, but I'm no pro 😂
I have read that you get better bass response when you have a loading wall. So I would assume sub and port facing back would give the best boomy goodness your sub has to offer. Then again, it may be too boomy to where you cannot discern a kick drum attack. Maybe sub up port back is the best option. Port hits the loading wall while sub hits those clean sharp kicks. My response just went in a full circle. Drats!

I have read that you get better bass response when you have a loading wall. So I would assume sub and port facing back would give the best boomy goodness your sub has to offer. Then again, it may be too boomy to where you cannot discern a kick drum attack. Maybe sub up port back is the best option. Port hits the loading wall while sub hits those clean sharp kicks. My response just went in a full circle. Drats!
Yeah I'm in a circle right now too. I'm going to use 3/4" birch so I don't want to build it twice, stuff ain't cheap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...