Box Build: The Elephant Box

i understand your point... but thats SO not my style... flashy isnt my thing... my truck doesnt have rims, or stickers... nothing.its all about how it sounds

and the whole point of this particular install is to be able to roll up to any show and beat the pants off the locals who are paying upwards of 7K for low 150's, when i only have about 3500 invested in my whole setup.

The shop in my hometown WAY over charges and has a HUGE customer base that is just too stupid to know any better... so i enjoy making them look stupid.
in a tahoe i doubt this system will even break a 150 legal. meade doing a daily system with 4 18's doing a 154....... and you have 1/3 the cone area and way less power.

"ive touched a 158.8 at home at the dash with my windows down.....also did the same thing, touching 158's on a bassrace run (demo) with my window down at a show. Official score.....ummmm i havent competed in a long time so im not sure, but i dont really care i have too much fun doing "other" stuff at the shows, besides the lanes."

^ direct quote from Mr. Meade himself. and that is from april... and i know he has gotten louder since that... so, like i said I DONT THINK 150 WILL BE A PROBLEM.

how many pieces of mdf did u use? then calculate that by 100..
Its not exactly that easy. You would have to calculate all the material that was trimmed out also. The sub cut outs, the cut outs for the bracing... etc. Plus Trupan only weighs like 76 lbs per sheet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

meade also does like a 157 not a 154. and i think he has burped as high as a 58.9
and honestly i will be happy with a flat 150. (but i expect more than that)
i am talking about 150 legal. i think he did a 154.3 on dash. 150 outlaw is very very easy with 2 15's and your power.

i understand your point... but thats SO not my style... flashy isnt my thing... my truck doesnt have rims, or stickers... nothing.its all about how it sounds

and the whole point of this particular install is to be able to roll up to any show and beat the pants off the locals who are paying upwards of 7K for low 150's, when i only have about 3500 invested in my whole setup.

The shop in my hometown WAY over charges and has a HUGE customer base that is just too stupid to know any better... so i enjoy making them look stupid.
i only paid 2k...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i am talking about 150 legal. i think he did a 154.3 on dash. 150 outlaw is very very easy with 2 15's and your power.
actually 156.5 at the dash at a DBDRAG comp and 157.4 at Usac in the kick is my highest official scores. The 158++ i did was with my windows down on a non-official bass race run at a DBDRAG comp...sorta like a little demo Doug Stockton asked me to do. Not much of a demo with the windows up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I ended up with a 156 and some change at the end of that same bassrace run but i was touching 58's the entire time till the song stopped bumpin at the end and the score dropped like a rock (part of the song).

Since then i have done a little higher on my mic but i dont compete much anymore. Those scores are from a few years ago so i did get a little louder but more then anything i got more reliable with my new amps, subs, and beefier electrical system.

actually 156.5 at the dash at a DBDRAG comp and 157.4 at Usac in the kick is my highest official scores. The 158++ i did was with my windows down on a non-official bass race run at a DBDRAG comp...sorta like a little demo Doug Stockton asked me to do. Not much of a demo with the windows up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I ended up with a 156 and some change at the end of that same bassrace run but i was touching 58's the entire time till the song stopped bumpin at the end and the score dropped like a rock (part of the song).
Since then i have done a little higher on my mic but i dont compete much anymore. Those scores are from a few years ago so i did get a little louder but more then anything i got more reliable with my new amps, subs, and beefier electrical system.
thanks steve... nice to get some REAL information straight from the source... i went to your forum to try to get some solid factual numbers, but there is alot of stuff to sort through and had a hard time finding your latest TL numbers...

just out of curiosity, since the port on your box box is swappable, have you ever put in a higher tuned port to see how big of a difference it makes on the mic?

a 250lb box...I mean really? lol weighs as much as some full walls do:crap://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
those walls ****, but then again, my wall weighs in at about that

lol, i used birch though, 38 or so pounds per sheet

car DVD player online store

AUDI A4 Navigation system Car DVD Player+7 Inch Digital touchscreen+Dual Zone+Built in GPS DVB-T

High Quality:Made by a very famous manufacturer in China, extended warranty:2 years!

7 Inch TFT high-definition Digital LCD Screen, 800*480 resolutions!(2,650,000 color), support 4:3,16:9 and full screen display!

Specially Designed for AUDI A4. No gap with original dashboard after installation.

Convulsed timbre and enjoy all your journey

iPOD Ready,Steering wheel control,CDC port,TF Card slot for GPS and music files(support up to 16GB TF Card!).

Completely Dual Zone Playback, you can run the gps application while listening to Radio/CD/DVD/music in TF Card/USB device

Built-in Digital TV(Only with European Standard is available) is also optional,and it need 220usd to add this function.Please contact us if you are interested in DVB-T function. Bluetooth function have be included

car DVD player online store

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.