Box Build for Luis

DonH
5,000+ posts

So Cal
Alright this is for my boy luis! team member on team skar. this is for his two VVX-15's power wise he is throwing each on a massive N4

laygo!

specs: 5.25ft^3 @ 30hz, got lows

IMG_20111119_153307.jpg

IMG_20111119_154607.jpg

IMG_20111119_155403.jpg

IMG_20111119_162129.jpg

45s in with tape for paint

IMG_20111119_165557.jpg

primer

IMG_20111119_170113.jpg

coats of blue and a metallic gray mix. subtle speckle to it

IMG_20111119_171728.jpg

5.25 seems real small for 2 15's, especially a low tuned setup. Box build looks good nontheless. Do you run into any issues trying to get paint in all the joints of the ports, or does the spray can reach it fine?

5.25 seems real small for 2 15's, especially a low tuned setup. Box build looks good nontheless. Do you run into any issues trying to get paint in all the joints of the ports, or does the spray can reach it fine?
made to take power and still go low my brotha

The skar lineup does great in larger boxes but they trully shine on higher power smaller box with a good size port. about 16in^2 per cube which is what this box is at. i would have wanted 6 ft^3 if he was throwing anywhere from 600-800rms to them, BUT they are dual 2 ohm each so each sub will see 1400rms, double rated power! 2.5" coil two spiders, they will take it in this box hence the size.

The skar lineup does great in larger boxes but they trully shine on higher power smaller box with a good size port. about 16in^2 per cube which is what this box is at. i would have wanted 6 ft^3 if he was throwing anywhere from 600-800rms to them, BUT they are dual 2 ohm each so each sub will see 1400rms, double rated power! 2.5" coil two spiders, they will take it in this box hence the size.
Alright just checkin.

Alright just checkin.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

lots of folk like to just go for the 4ft^3 for a single 15"... not in this case lol the skars would go BOOOM SMOKE POP coil unravel... in anything bigger to be honest

Yeah that's a good point. Always figured if you wanted to have a decent low end setup box size should be at least a minimum of like 3 cubes, just so you have that extra low end extension. Then again, I've never fooled around with a skar before. Also, is there any decent ply from lowes/hd that is on the cheap? I really prefer working with actual wood and not MDF, plus I hate having to wear a respirator when I do any cutting with MDF (the dust makes me really sick). I know there is that birch ply for $45 but is there anything cheaper?

Yeah that's a good point. Always figured if you wanted to have a decent low end setup box size should be at least a minimum of like 3 cubes, just so you have that extra low end extension. Then again, I've never fooled around with a skar before. Also, is there any decent ply from lowes/hd that is on the cheap? I really prefer working with actual wood and not MDF, plus I hate having to wear a respirator when I do any cutting with MDF (the dust makes me really sick). I know there is that birch ply for $45 but is there anything cheaper?
grade A pine... its stronger than mdf

the $45 ply is ******! the wood you see in the pictures i get fro 29 a sheet, but i order about 20 sheets at a time. find a lumbar yard! they always have 7ply domestic birch. int he 35-40 dollar range.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.