Box Build for: bsean63

psych0ticnemes1
5,000+ posts

Psych0tic Customs
Behind You
This is what have I have completed so far. The box is 3 cubic feet net tuned to 35 hertz. The port is 3" wide yielding 43.5 square inches of port which isn't a ton but should be enough to get some air flowing. He wants the sub mounted on the front so instead of having the front piece mounting between the top and bottom piece, I have decided to make it the entire height of the box so that the baffle isn't too skinny at the top and bottom.

Here are some pictures of my progress:

yes, but i still dont see the advantage of building the box that way
If I made the front piece normally, the top and bottom of the front piece would only be around a 1/4 of an inch thick. By doing it this way, I have an extra .75" on both the top and bottom of the baffle.

Ex: See SPY's last thread for Slammed where he didn't account for this.

Another thing is, when the front panel sits between the top and bottom, the screws can protrude into the cutout. A problem with that is... if you dont cut your hole until after you assemble it, you have to cut through the screws with your router. I see exactly what he is doing, and there is nothing wrong with doing it that way.

If I made the front piece normally, the top and bottom of the front piece would only be around a 1/4 of an inch thick. By doing it this way, I have an extra .75" on both the top and bottom of the baffle.
Ex: See SPY's last thread for Slammed where he didn't account for this.
that makes no sense, but if it works for you it dosent matter //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Another thing is, when the front panel sits between the top and bottom, the screws can protrude into the cutout. A problem with that is... if you dont cut your hole until after you assemble it, you have to cut through the screws with your router. I see exactly what he is doing, and there is nothing wrong with doing it that way.
Thanks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

that makes no sense, but if it works for you it dosent matter //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
It makes perfect sense. Instead of having only 1/4" of material left between the edge of the cutout and the edge of the panel, he now has 1" because he has increased the width of the panel 1.5"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.