Box Build for 2 SSA Evil 18's on 2 NS-1's!

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigbud747
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Got the call from someone local to build a box for his setup. He has 2 SSA Evil 18's on 2 NS-1's at 0.5 ohms a piece, with 4 XS D3100's and a Mechman 270. His current box was initially built for 4 18's (something like 18 cubes net) and stuck WAY above the window line. He wanted a box for just the 2 that he has, a lot smaller box, and something with a little "flair". Well, here it is...

Specs:

13.2 cubes net

12" Octaport

32.3 hz

Double layered all around (except sides)

Window style bracing

Bolt terminals

Bedlined outside with a fire-engine red port

Be sure to watch the video at the end!

nice

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

are those Ports hard to make or just gotta know your angles?

Thanks. They're very easy to make. Your cuts are all 22.5 degree angles. And the equation to figure the port area is (2+2(sqrt)2)x^2, where sqrt means square root, and x is the length of each internal side.

Had a meet up today. What was going to be 3-4 people turned into 15 vehicles meeting up and showing off their systems. Got the amps strapped and tuned properly. Managed to pull off a 154 in the kick at 38 hz and a 150 at 30 hz. A few things to point out:

1.) ZERO sound deadener on the roof. Theres deadener everywhere else, but the roof.

2.) Yes, the truck peaks at 38. Does a 150 at 30 hz also. It's a low end monster.

3.) Voltage is dropping down to 10.3-10.5 (SMD VM-1 is NOT ACCURATE from the cigarette lighter)

Didn't manage to get any videos this time, but I will next time I see him. He's calling Mechman soon to order a second alt (probably a 380 or bigger to go along with his 270), and a couple of more XS batteries. Customer is ecstatic about everything, and absolutely loves how it sounds. The entire truck just shakes on the low notes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.