Box build for 10" BL

Participant count
  • Participant list

Joseph K
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Arkansas
Building an under-seat box for a 10" Fi BL. It'll be powered by my JBL GTO 1201.1 that I had with the 15" Q... It will be ported, tuned to around 33-34 hz and has around 1.2 cubes after port/driver displacement.

The BL next to the Q. It weighs maybe one lb less than the Q believe it or not... it's a beefy little bastard. I bought it off of here from slam (http://www.caraudio.com/forum/member.php?u=23494). Great guy to deal with!

jk019av2.jpg

Box design by a guy on a truck forum I'm on... I changed the measurements up a little bit, but his picture help me to get a really good idea of what I wanted to do.

boxdesignco7.png

Just got all the pieces cut tonight and mocked it up... I'll finish up the box tomorrow other than carpet (waiting for it to get here).

jk016jj4.jpg

jk017di0.jpg

That's the top behind it

jk018ko2.jpg

More pictures tomorrow...

Box is done.

Sounds ****in amazing, quite a bit louder than the Q was in the sealed box and hits EVERY note. Sound quality is 100x better with this setup, plus I can still use my back seat. I also had to relocate my amp to the back wall. I used heavy duty velcro to attach it.

jk020uf5.jpg

jk021ot1.jpg

jk022et6.jpg

jk023ia5.jpg

jk024pc5.jpg

All I have left to do is carpet the box, put the grille on, and put the seat back in tomorrow...

Looks great....the BL is very underrated as a daily sub. That's impressive that it was louder than the 15'' Q sealed!

jk023ia5.jpg

jk024pc5.jpg

And DONE //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Sounds a lot better than the previous setup (15" Q in a big ass box that I could use the back seat with) . This setup is just as loud if not louder, sound quality is WAAAAY better, and best of all it's way more functional. Few pics...

jk025il8.jpg

jk026mj9.jpg

jk027rm1.jpg

bravo! as an installer and enclosure designer, i love it when the things turn out better and the person is happy. gets me every time. ok sorry for being emo, looks great!

Looks great....the BL is very underrated as a daily sub. That's impressive that it was louder than the 15'' Q sealed!
ya,not really.lol

and does this just smash down on it?LOL

cause it really looks like it.and that seat isnt down all the way.

thats a fancy job tho.nice

ya,not really.lol
Yeah, didn't really surprise me either //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif It was one BIG ASS sealed box, but it doesn't even compare to the loudness or sound quality of this setup.

and does this just smash down on it?LOLcause it really looks like it.and that seat isnt down all the way.

thats a fancy job tho.nice
Haha yea the sub does hit the bottom of the seat when moving out, but the bottom of the seat is thin carpet that has about 2" of give before it gets to anything slightly hard. I could leave it like it is, however I already ordered a grille for it just to be safe. The seat is all the way down and locked in position in that picture... I just noticed the floor mat looks dirty as hell in that picture, too lol **** flash.

i'm probably going to run that sub in my s10. i have it narrowed down to the BL 10, DD 8's, or a focal 33v1 13. i'm leaning toward being a little louder than focal, so BL 10 is my first choice as of now. good to hear nice reviews.

i'm probably going to run that sub in my s10. i have it narrowed down to the BL 10, DD 8's, or a focal 33v1 13. i'm leaning toward being a little louder than focal, so BL 10 is my first choice as of now. good to hear nice reviews.
If you're looking for one cheap let me know!

I love the BL so far //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Hits the lows great. It's very good with snappy bass as well, doesn't skip a beat.

What are the specs on the port? I see 3" diameter but length?
3" flared port, around 11 3/8" for ~ 33 or 34hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.