bought some alpine SWS 12s..

Participant count
  • Participant list

stanza
10+ year member

MD
hey guys. so u might of seen my last thread about type Rs.. well i went to my local shop and we took measurements and came to the realization that two alpine type Rs in a single cab truck would just be way to much work and not having a clue of wat the outcome would be.. they said they would do it for me but i decided to play it safe and just get the Alpine SWS 12"s... so i got a question for u guys, ive decided on a Rockford Fosgate T600-2 amp. Im going to wire the subs parrellel to 2ohms and run each sub on seperate channels for 300 watts per sub. So my question is does anyone think these subs will b ok with this amp? I decided on this amp becuase i know it will produce more then 600 watts and it will give me room to play with when my subs have broken in a bit. Another question, the 12" SWS's are 300 watt RMS and 900 watt PEAK.. I know you should always stick with the RMS but i feel this subs will perform fine at 350 (MAYBEEE 400) watts after they break in a bit.. so wat do you guys think?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.