Bought new 250amp alt but same voltage drop?

Buy the way don't use CCA. It *****. Its not much better that aluminum. Use pure copper.In 1/0 ccaw can carry 170 amps vs coppers 225
1/0 cca carries 250a and ofc is 300a ..ur way off ....i have the same amp along with a 800rms ab 4 ch ...mechman 240 with 4 runs of cca ..i have 290ah worth of batts.externally regulate to 15v and i drop to 14.2 full tilt..he has a problem

today running a second neg run from front batt to the bank in the back, and Im going to add a second neg run from bank to chassis. Give you guys an update probably tomorrow. Thanks for all the imput

Let me know what helps i just installed my singer 320 6phase and im having the same issue sits at 14.8 but when bass hits 12.3 wtf man!

Let me know what helps i just installed my singer 320 6phase and im having the same issue sits at 14.8 but when bass hits 12.3 wtf man!
U guys do know that thes ho alts dont put out much more power than a stock alt at idle..they dont start putting out power till 1200-2krpms..at idle u are basically running on battery power ..if ur dropping that low that fast u probably dont have enough batt reserve

Guys thanks for the help, you were right I had to add another neg run.

I was going from low 12's full tilt to 13.1 full tilt. I actually only had 2 runs of pos no neg runs, so now its 2 pos 1 neg.... but not only steadier voltage but a good bit louder. Thanks to all who put in info.

And I have a 2006 expedition, how would I turn up the ecu?

Guys thanks for the help, you were right I had to add another neg run.
I was going from low 12's full tilt to 13.1 full tilt. I actually only had 2 runs of pos no neg runs, so now its 2 pos 1 neg.... but not only steadier voltage but a good bit louder. Thanks to all who put in info.

And I have a 2006 expedition, how would I turn up the ecu?
U cant you should have ordered a externally regulated alt.sk u could charge at a steady 14. 8-15v

So you have a run of negative from front battery to back battery and that made your voltage drop less? Right now I have a 320a singer alt and I get voltage drop still too. I'm gonnna put a little smaller belt on it. I have a 20ft run of 1/0 cca on me and a couple terminals... do you think running a run of that from front negative to back negative would help any? Right now I just have my back battery grounded to my chasis.

So you have a run of negative from front battery to back battery and that made your voltage drop less? Right now I have a 320a singer alt and I get voltage drop still too. I'm gonnna put a little smaller belt on it. I have a 20ft run of 1/0 cca on me and a couple terminals... do you think running a run of that from front negative to back negative would help any? Right now I just have my back battery grounded to my chasis.
Yea u cant run that much power without negative runs ...for 4-5k id suggest 2 runs of pos and 2 runs of neg ...and if ur talking about voltage drop at idle ..theres not much u can do abt that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.