Bought mids from Louisiana crx

chaddyc
10+ year member

Hawaii
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/speaker-classifieds/620858-digital-designs-6-5-shallow-mount-midbass.html

Bought these mids from Louisiana got them in the mail pretty quick. Came home from work excited that they were already here. But as I opened the package one of the mids was completely unglued....the voicecoil,spiders as well as the rubber surround just fell off the basket. I notified him what happened. He said if I had ca glue or he'll send me some to reglue it but I didn't want to do that as I didn't want to ruin them even more as I don't have experience doing that and if I screwed up it would be my fault. He told me to send them back and he'll refund me the return shipping. It's been over 3 weeks no answer from him even though he was on almost everyday except for the past week or so. So I'm out the $105 + $15 and some change for the return shipping. He offered to get something else but at this point I'd rather have my $ back. Tried to give him the benefit of the doubt because of his good feedback but at this point because of the lack of communication seems like I got ripped off. All I got is a couple of tweeters that I probably won't ever use for $120 that he said I can keep...

Interesting. That unemplyed tard is always online.
@Louisiana_CRX explain yourself.

If push comes to shove, regluing it is super easy. Get the right glue, a wood baffle to add clamps onto the cone, line up the mounting holes and your prob done in 24 hrs or less in a sat room temperature environment.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']Interesting. That unemplyed tard is always online.
@Louisiana_CRX explain yourself.

If push comes to shove, regluing it is super easy. Get the right glue, a wood baffle to add clamps onto the cone, line up the mounting holes and your prob done in 24 hrs or less in a sat room temperature environment.[/QUOTE]

problem is he already sent it back. No mids no money nothing left he got NOTHING.

problem is he already sent it back. No mids no money nothing left he got NOTHING.
Your right. My bad...too much reading going on in between threads.

Not to mention shipping to HI is expensive...

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']Your right. My bad...too much reading going on in between threads.

Not to mention shipping to HI is expensive...[/QUOTE]

It is weird that the sales ad says they are brand new, never used.

However it is also weird that the pics were taken with the speakers faced down.

@Louisiana_CRX get ur @ss in here and defend your 36000+ posts and integrity!

[quote name='Jeffdachef']It is weird that the sales ad says they are brand new, never used.

However it is also weird that the pics were taken with the speakers faced down.

@Louisiana_CRX get ur @ss in here and defend your 36000+ posts and integrity![/QUOTE]

Ya, one speaker shows the magnet and the other shows the cone.

Never been sent speakers before that came apart like so unless the shipping box they came in was crappy.

Weird is the right word...somebody need an explanation. Of course he'll come back and say they were fine when I shipped them out.

You've been on the forum for over 13 years, so into car audio for quite a while, and never had to reglue a surround down?

You've been on the forum for over 13 years, so into car audio for quite a while, and never had to reglue a surround down?
No I never had to do it. Would the glue look like that from the factory?

Ya, one speaker shows the magnet and the other shows the cone.
Never been sent speakers before that came apart like so unless the shipping box they came in was crappy.

Weird is the right word...somebody need an explanation. Of course he'll come back and say they were fine when I shipped them out.
It's that DD quality. Fails apart in the box. Hehe losisATool don't shoot me

Now that I look at it better, it does just look like a plastic trim piece is off.

Take a few more pics so we can see what's going on.

Can't take any pics as he has them now. But even the spider is unglued not just the cone everything fell out of the basket. I don't think shipping would do this as you would think they were made to take more abuse and he had them wrapped pretty good.

Can't take any pics as he has them now. But even the spider is unglued not just the cone everything fell out of the basket. I don't think shipping would do this as you would think they were made to take more abuse and he had them wrapped pretty good.
They were made to take abuse, but if the package was some how a bit open or the speaker was somewhat wet then the glue could have dissolved.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

They were made to take abuse, but if the package was some how a bit open or the speaker was somewhat wet then the glue could have dissolved.
Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

You are so dumb just stop talking. The glue didn't get wet and dissolve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

chaddyc

10+ year member
chaddyc
Hawaii
Start date
Participants
Who Replied