Boston Pro60 vs. CDT

Participant count
  • Participant list

King Alpha
10+ year member

Hawaii
So, I did my taxes and I'm getting money back. I need to get better speakers for my front stage, but, cannot decide. I really need more midbass in my system. I had 6.5" Boston Rallys up front until it blew. I'm currently running Boston 5x7s in it's place, which I yanked from the rear deck. I also have a 12" SI Mag D2 in a ported box, and the 5x7s cannot keep up.

My budget is $400 including shipping. And I already have the Crossfire CFA302 amp that is rated at 75 Watts x 2 @ 4 ohms which was powering the Rallys and is now powering the 5x7s.

I'm thinking about getting the Boston Acoustic Pro60 speakers. I can get it off ebay for about $300 - $350. It's a 3 ohm componant set that is rated at 125 Watts RMS. My Crossfire should be good for 100 Watts @ 3 ohms.

But these forums seem to like CDT. I can actually go to a store down here and listen to the Bostons, but can't do the same for CDT. I'm looking at woofersetc and think the following would be good speakers.

CDT ES-610 and the CDT EF-61FG/TW25. Both are 4 ohm speakers so the crossfire would only feed it 75 Watts. The ES does 150 Watts RMS and the EF does 170 Watts RMS. Would these speakers sound good and loud enough so the Mag dosn't overpower it with only 75 Watts? Do you think they would sound better then the Pro60s with 100 Watts? Or should I just get the Pros?

Also if it matters, I don't know anything about imaging or all that. I know the speakers only sound as good as the install, but I'm planning on just sound deaden my doors and put the speakers in the factory location with a 6.5" board to mount the speakers on. Should I still be thinking about getting a Boston or CDT?

Well for your price range, I'm sure lots of people have gone with rainbow SLCs. I just had CDT HD62 comps in my car and I loved them, and was considering getting another pair of CDT comps but all this fuss about rainbows makes me want to try them. I haven't heard one complaint about the rainbows on this forum, so maybe that would be an option for ya if that helps.

Oh yeah Rainbows. The thing is, I can't find those anywhere. I'll probably get those if you can tell me where to go to get them.

Rainbow FTW.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif Second choice would be the Pioneer TS720PRS.IMO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.