Boston Pro60 owners...

u need a 4 channel amp, i'm not sure if you mean you're giving each side 85x2 or you're using an 85x2 bridged to give each speaker 170rms
I edited my post because I'm a complete noob and had the impression that if I used my 4 ch and put two channels on each speaker I would push 170 watts (85 x 2) of total power. I know have learned that this is not the case. And have also determined that the actual power at 3 ohms would be 113 watts rms:crazy:

But I'm still curious how much power y'all are running to them if the are rated at 125 watts continuous.

I would think you would need quite a bit more power to properly run those speakers... I've heard a few people say they need around 300RMS a piece to really shine.

I am pushing approx 225 @ 3 Ohms (I think....its a Hifonics zx6000 2005 model??)per side and mine seem to lacking in the midbass area. Gonna try to see if matting the doors is gonna help any. I might try bi-amping them to see if it will make any changes to them. Suggestions??

I am pushing approx 225 per side and mine seem to lacking in the midbass area. Gonna try to see if matting the doors is gonna help any. I might try bi-amping them to see if it will make any changes to them. Suggestions??
From what I've read, a properly dampened/deadened and sealed door it the best way to improve the midbass response. If you don't have any material in there so far check this site out for the best options out there: http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/index.shtml

Yeah i'm pushing my pro60s with a xenon200.2 and gettin about 230-240 per side and they were lackin a lil midbass at first. Dampened my door thoroughly and they stand out quite a bit more though they could still use some more power. Wish i could find an eclipse 34230 so i could really make em shine or somethin around the 400x2 at 4 ohm level.

Yeah i'm pushing my pro60s with a xenon200.2 and gettin about 230-240 per side and they were lackin a lil midbass at first. Dampened my door thoroughly and they stand out quite a bit more though they could still use some more power. Wish i could find an eclipse 34230 so i could really make em shine or somethin around the 400x2 at 4 ohm level.
Not to nit pick on the power, but that's 230-240 at 3 ohms correct? Wouldn't 400x2 @ 4 ohms be equivalent to roughly 533 @ 3 ohms!!! Which is more than 4 times the rated power of the speaker? Not saying that's bad, but I'm tring to see how much power (applied intelligently of course) these babies need to reach their potential.

Throw me some two channel amp suggestions that would make these puppies shine. Been looking at...

MBQ raa2400

ED Nine.2x

US Amps US600

Others???

Mine are hooked up to a phoenix gold tantrum 600.4, which puts out 300x2 @ 4 ohms. I only have a door kit for dampening and the midbass is pretty good, much better than I had it in the Camaro. For amps Id suggest a Diamond D5600.2, or a PG 500.2, or for serious power, find what i have, 600.4.

Any more word on this?

I have multiple questions.

I'm planning to bi-amp these speakers and use a Carver 90x2 for the tweeters.

For the mids, I have two Carver KMOS2200 amps and I can either use one to drive both mids, or one each, bridged. These amps are rated at 100Wx2 into 4 ohms, 170x2 into 2, or 340x1 bridged mono into 4 ohms.

Q1) what is the impedance on just the mid driver?

Q2) Based on what you have said here, it sounds like maybe I should run both amps and pump ~340W per side into the mids. (I don't know exactly what it would really be, since I don't know the impedance of the 6.5" drivers). Should I? Or should I stick to 100W (or whatever it is, depending on the driver impedance) per side by just running one amp to drive both mids?

Thanks!

- Stu

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.