Boston G312-4 vs Alpine SWR-1222D

Boston G312-4 vs Alpine SWR-1222D

• Total voters

Loaked
10+ year member

OK, heres the shakedown:

You have a Mmats 1500.2 amp, sealed enclosure for 2 12"s 1.25cuft a side. In a 2006 Mercedes E350.

Gun to your head, which do you choose?

I know there are roughly 76 other options out there, but to not waste anyones time, of the 2, which do you prefer?

Thanks for your time.

alpines will be louder where bostons will sound better, if u can find a boston g5 ur money

that amp is 2 powerful anyway for the g3's puts out 1600rms at 2 ohm

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mmats amp is kind of a beast for what it is, but I have it running off high level converter, and it losses A LOT of signal. Im not really worried about overpowering them, I've never blown a sub before, I just like to have enough rather than not enough.

I've had Alpines before I loved them, but thats the thing, I wanted to try something different, and I always like boston stuff, just never had thier subs before.

You know I hear alot about SSA's, and they are pretty cheap for what they are too... I just never heard them myself. Thanks for the recomendation, I will take a closer look at those. For some reason I was under the assumption they wouldnt really work in sealed enclosures, but looks like I stand corrected...

ok alpine is alright for most people, and im not saying they are incapable subs(far from it)

but honestly i would like to think the g3 would not only outperform in spl but most definatly in sq too

i cant say ive heard a g3 but i can speak from experience that the g5 will beat the type r easily...in the exact same car and box(my brother gave me his camaro when for graduation and gave me the probox/wiring) i put my g5 10" in powered by the alpine 500w monoblock amp running 500w@2ohm rms whereas he was doing 700w@4ohms to his 10" type r, and mine was definatly louder...so personally, yea im gonna recommend the g3, it might say 300rms, but im gonna have to go out on a limb and say it can take close to as much as the type r, and if it cant, it has the soft parts system so you can just buy a new coil instead of the whole woofer like you would more than likely have to do on the type r

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...