Boston Acoustic Pro60 Vs. Hertz Audio HSK165.4

crx11
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ny
Hi, I need some component for my accord and was wondering what do you guys thing of the Boston Acoustic Pro60 se Vs. Hertz Audio HSK165.4, power handling, midbass, ect. I'm planning to give them 200-250 Rms per speaker.

Thanks.

I'm feeding my Boston Pro 60's 225W/side. They can take the power just fine, but they are a little lacking in the MB department. I think I will be doing some experimenting with enclosing them in something besides just the door's airspace.

I have a set of the pro 60's.

Didn't like them personally. Lacks midbass and bright tweeter. They will take a ton of power tho, thats for sure. I listen to mainly rock so midbass is important to me and subs do not do a good job of reproducing it without some help up front. If you listen to rap they would prolly be great.

I will put these up for sale one day, but I prolly didn't do them any favors with that review. LOL

Most of the time I listen regeatton and rap, so I thing the pro60 will be great for me, let me know if you want to sell them and we can work something out.

Thanks for the response guys, anyone else?????????

Had BA Pro's...now have HSK's and love them.

Saving up for possible Hybrid's....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Like a previous poster has said they do lack a little in the midbass area BUT mostly only in rock. As for the tweeters, they can be a little bright but it really isn't all that bad imo. I currently only have mine on 100 watts rms for both but i will be feeding 100 each as ive read plenty of post of people sending up to 300 watts for the set without a problem.

Like a previous poster has said they do lack a little in the midbass area BUT mostly only in rock. As for the tweeters, they can be a little bright but it really isn't all that bad imo. I currently only have mine on 100 watts rms for both but i will be feeding 100 each as ive read plenty of post of people sending up to 300 watts for the set without a problem.
Actually, if people would use the tweeter attenuation jumper, and cut the tweeter's output, they can tame them down to a level they are happy with. Or, just EQ.

I'm going to be replacing the Pro 60's with their SPG's. Muuuch better MB response. But, I am considering adding a dedicated MB, further down the road.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.