boss/legacy amps

Participant count
  • Participant list
In a short word, Nope! They are very entry level and will push subs, but for how long? Thats the question. I had a Boss 1000 watt amp a few years ago and when i unscrewed the cover the amp was small as he11 in a 2ft long heatsink. Legacy are just as bad. They aren't very durable. If you just want to get something to tide you over til you have more to spend go for it, but if you're looking for longevity with these, forget it!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well, I cannot vouch for the longevity of either, but when the higher model Boss amps are functional they are adequate - I'm specifically refering to the Overdrive series. The difference between my JBL 1200.1 powering two perfects, and that sub power the same two subs is not huge. The Boss was a little more hairy, but other than that, they sounded similar. Now, for the price of the Overdrive amps, you could get some very nice, respectable brand name amps out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.